Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225730 times)

Offline Barnum

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #390 on: November 08, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Moe's original bar b que

the WEBSITE paints them "bama style" bbq and uses the term "A Southern Soulfood Revival" on their main page.  Most of the locations are in Alabama and Colorado, with our location (349 14th Street... Kool Korners location?) coming soon.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:54:40 PM by Barnum »

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
Yes, that's the Kool Korners spot.  I know that they've been in negotiations with the landlord for the space for quite some time.  One has to wonder what Focus Brands (owner of the Moe's burrito brand) has to say about Moe's BBQ coming to town.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #392 on: November 08, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
One has to wonder what Focus Brands (owner of the Moe's burrito brand) has to say about Moe's BBQ coming to town.

Could be interesting.  Looks like Moe's BBQ may have been using the Moe's name longer than Focus Brands (no longer Raving Brands?), but not in GA.

Offline bbq

• Email
« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
the moes guys started in colorado and are from alabama, their plan is to spread out into the burbs over the next couple of years.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #394 on: November 09, 2010, 04:47:19 AM »
Noticed a new place called Your Pie opening soon or is open in Roswell on Crossville Road near the Trader Joes.  I see from their website it is a chain (surprise surprise) but is it any good???

TWEET THIS MORNING (says training in Roswell, opening Friday)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #395 on: November 09, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »
Fwend told me he drove by and said that The Old Crow Grill opened in the place occupied for years by Diggers (oh so many good memories) and briefly by some Foxy failure. Could only find a Facebook page. Among the pics are a scanned menu. Appears to be typical bar food with an Irish leaning--some fish n' chips and Shepard's pie http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100788503305558
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Corky

« Reply #396 on: November 09, 2010, 04:53:29 PM »
Noticed a new place called Your Pie opening soon or is open in Roswell on Crossville Road near the Trader Joes.  I see from their website it is a chain (surprise surprise) but is it any good???

TWEET THIS MORNING (says training in Roswell, opening Friday)

Your Pizza is having a soft opening tomorrow. 11:30A-yem-2:00Pee-yem.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
'Sonny's Place' at Briarcliff and La Vista in new development next to Hawaii BBQ place. 

Where the old Broadway Cafe was?

Sign above store says Sonny's Place - Vegeterian Medditeraniam.  Looks like it should be open very soon.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
One has to wonder what Focus Brands (owner of the Moe's burrito brand) has to say about Moe's BBQ coming to town.

Looks like Moe's BBQ may have been using the Moe's name longer than Focus Brands (no longer Raving Brands?), but not in GA.

Raving Brands (Doc Green's, Flying Biscuit, Monkey Joe's) sold Moe's to Focus Brands (Carvel, Cinnabon, Schlotsky's, Seattle's Best Coffee) in 2007. 

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #399 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
Bride was driving by the old Alpine Bakery and said a "coming soon" sign was up for a deli, butcher, bakery or sumtin'. I was wondering perhaps NY Butcher, though nothing listed as forthcoming on that site.

Anyone with more deets or verifying the name?

Drove by today. Wasn't sure if they are open yet, but website would seem to indicate yes.

http://thebutchersdelibakery.com/index.html

Not many deets on site.

Established in 2010 with a family atmosphere in mind. We offer a fresh selection of breads, cakes, pastries,deli meats & cheeses at great prices. A place to have a bite to eat, and always be sure to get a good value.

Anyone been?
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:08 AM »
Alvarado's on Buford Highway just south of I-285 is grand opening.  It's the old Regio's site across from Han Il Kwan.  Big signs indicate typical Tex-Mex, no reason to get excited except for one detail: open 24 hours.  If you ever find yourself in dire need of a bean burrito at 4 am, now there's a place for you.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »
Alvarado's on Buford Highway just south of I-285 is grand opening.  It's the old Regio's site across from Han Il Kwan.  Big signs indicate typical Tex-Mex, no reason to get excited except for one detail: open 24 hours.  If you ever find yourself in dire need of a bean burrito at 4 am, now there's a place for you.

is this the same spot that was a Taco Bell many years ago?

Offline waynehoobler

« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »

is this the same spot that was a Taco Bell many years ago?

It definitely looks like a former TB.  It's a very cursed location.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »
http://twitter.com/AJCFoodandMore/statuses/4590514229743616

A potentially very interesting addition to the neighborhood....
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:49 AM »
Sign in front of the Saba location at Emory Village for a tea house, didn't write the same down so of course I can't remember it now.  When did that Saba close?  Maybe not the best time for a new venture there - just heard that that part of Oxford Road will be closed for two months after the first of the year for the roundabout construction.