Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225272 times)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
So weekend is approaching and with my schedule, this time of the year is the most important to load up on quick eats.

Anyone know if the new BB's is open yet? MoT, can you give them a call? I don't know how to operate a phone.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
I agree. With so many options for this in Johns Creek, I'm surprised Alpharetta was lacking.

Are you saying there are some good Viet in JC? Kindly elaborate. I can literally walk to the border of JC.

I never said there was "good" stuff in Johns Creek. Just that there were Vietnamese restaurants there. I don't pretend to know anything about this cuisine. I've had beef pho once. Tasted like dish water.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
I agree. With so many options for this in Johns Creek, I'm surprised Alpharetta was lacking.

Are you saying there are some good Viet in JC? Kindly elaborate. I can literally walk to the border of JC.

I never said there was "good" stuff in Johns Creek. Just that there were Vietnamese restaurants there. I don't pretend to know anything about this cuisine. I've had beef pho once. Tasted like dish water.

You musta had some bad Pho-king Pho then?  Done right it a superflavorful dish, and you can direct what goes into it or not?

Try some at
Pho Dai Loi #2 or right down the street is
Pho Bac

Good stuff... very undishwaterish..  

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Not sure if anything is coming, but there's a construction dumpster in front of the old Fuzzy's location.

Turns out that it's a new Title Max - perfect place for broke people to hock their cars for outrageous loan rates.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2010, 08:59:29 AM »
So weekend is approaching and with my schedule, this time of the year is the most important to load up on quick eats.

Anyone know if the new BB's is open yet? MoT, can you give them a call? I don't know how to operate a phone.

"not even close" as of this morning.  A huge pile of, what looked like, all the kitchen equipment in the glassed-in section to the left of the front door.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:59:13 AM by Barnum »

Offline Corky

« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
Chef Pete's Cajun Cuisine-Coming Soon- In the Mansell Oaks strip mall (same place as Longhorn Steaks on Mansell Rd.) On opposite end from Longhorn. To the left of BirdWatchers Supply. I have no idea if this is the same Chef Pete of Dumpwoody fame or not.

You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
New joint called Shrimp Basket has opened up in Milton, corner of Morris and Webb Roads. This is the same stripmall as the old Bobby G's. This particular location has seen at least three other restaurants. If you're keeping score at home, those would be Yeti Express, Corner Room Cafe and Nana's Sushi.

I've got a hunch these are the same folks behind the failed Maryland's Crabhouse on Windward. Same decor, similar menu (fried seafood mainly), familiar faces. I'll probably review them on my blog later this week.

And on the door at the old Maryland's location is a handwritten sign that says "Opening soon, Hilltop Steak House and Sports Tavern. Watch for opening. Thx" I'm convinced this is the absolute worst restaurant location in Alpharetta.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »
And on the door at the old Maryland's location is a handwritten sign that says "Opening soon, Hilltop Steak House and Sports Tavern. Watch for opening. Thx" I'm convinced this is the absolute worst restaurant location in Alpharetta.

I used to think the same thing about a location on Holcomb Bridge just west of 400.... that was until Tilted Kilt moved there.  Now that parking lot is never empty... go figure ;)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »

I used to think the same thing about a location on Holcomb Bridge just west of 400.... that was until Tilted Kilt moved there.  Now that parking lot is never empty... go figure ;)

But the one time I went in, we expected it to be packed because the parking lot was. It wasn't. Fwend Whammy and I found no real reason to return. I give them 10 more months.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2010, 12:26:43 PM »
According to several sources, Flip opens in Buckhead today.

Offline MoButter

« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
Would it be too confusing to have a Coming Soon ITP and a Coming soon OTP thread?

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #341 on: October 19, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »
Would it be too confusing to have a Coming Soon ITP and a Coming soon OTP thread?
Definitely.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #342 on: October 19, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

I think it would be too.  If you're looking for a certain food type or name of a restaurant, the search bar is there.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #343 on: October 19, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »
Chef Pete's Cajun Cuisine-Coming Soon- In the Mansell Oaks strip mall (same place as Longhorn Steaks on Mansell Rd.) On opposite end from Longhorn. To the left of BirdWatchers Supply. I have no idea if this is the same Chef Pete of Dumpwoody fame or not.

Looks like their website is up... complete with menu.

http://www.chefpetescreolecuisine.com/

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2010, 09:02:58 AM »