Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225232 times)

Offline Barnum

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »
P. Red's BBQ on Chattahoochee near Howell Mill.

Oy, always had them high on my list of examples on how NOT to expand. Liked them a lot when they had one location. They went up to three or four and thought they were okay at best. Then they went back down to one.

Let's hope they learned something first time around.

Drove down Chattahoochee on the way to FLIP Saturday afternoon and saw the words "BBQ" and the always popular plane-parts sticking out of the roof of a building as I drove by... must be this place...

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
BB's Bagels (McFarland Road in south Forsyth) announced on twitter this morning that they are opening a second location. Their tweet said "Old Milton and State Bridge Rd". I'm not sure exactly where they are talking about, since Old Milton kinda turns into State Bridge if you continue driving east. But I thought I would pass this along.

http://twitter.com/bbsbagels

Offline Barnum

« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »
Can we handle yet another frozen yogurt place?

"Red Mango" coming soon banner in the strip on the north west corner of Clairmont and North Decatur Road.  I think this was a T-Mobile store most recently.

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
BB's Bagels (McFarland Road in south Forsyth) announced on twitter this morning that they are opening a second location. Their tweet said "Old Milton and State Bridge Rd". I'm not sure exactly where they are talking about, since Old Milton kinda turns into State Bridge if you continue driving east. But I thought I would pass this along.

Hmmm this could be good news!  I wonder if they are buying back their old New York Bagel spot.  That place has gone way downhill since the split.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »

Hmmm this could be good news!  I wonder if they are buying back their old New York Bagel spot.  That place has gone way downhill since the split.

Yes would be great news. That's an interesting theory about NY Bagel--though not sure that quite fits the description.

Roots, I was thinking Madras Chettinad/Publix shopping center perhaps?
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »
I had lunch at Madras Chettinad today and didn't notice anything that looked like BB's. But I also didn't look past Publix.

And speaking of BB's... what is their relationship, if any, to the other bagel joints around here? For example... Essex in Johns Creek is very similar. Or the NY Bagels ya'll speak of.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:35 PM »
uTOpia can answer more accurately, but it sounded like BBs supplied Essex the dough or something along those lines, which explains the similarity

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »

Offline Corky

« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2010, 04:00:23 PM »

Yes would be great news. That's an interesting theory about NY Bagel--though not sure that quite fits the description.

Drove by the ex NY Bagel place today, there is a BB Bagel coming soon sign. Windows were covered in paper and there was a construction truck outside. @Roots, the BB Bagel place is in the strip mall just before the Kroger on the left going out St. Bridge or is it Old Milton? Just wondering if OM changes names to SB there at Jones Bridge? Drat, the Mcfarland location is still closer to home, but, traffic is not as bad if I use Hopewell rather than H9.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »

Hmmm this could be good news!  I wonder if they are buying back their old New York Bagel spot.  That place has gone way downhill since the split.

Just wondering if OM changes names to SB there at Jones Bridge?

85.6 percent sure at the aforesaid Publix shopping center.

Wife may have to go to original and get the scoop---and a dozen bagels. I would think since they are taking over a place that housed the same, hopefully should not take long to re-open. Closer for me, but then again time wise, the straight shot down 400 wasn't so bad. I'll run into more traffic resistance at the new location, but still verra happy.

Now if I can get Antico, Fox Bros, Chang, or Dutch Monkey to open a second location near me.

Well not Monkey because I really, really, really want to despise that place.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:08:13 PM by uOTPia Dweller »

Offline secret chef

« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
During a drive-by today, I saw a new banner for BB's bagels hanging on the building that used to be New York Bagel - that's State Bridge Rd sort of in front of the Kroger shopping center.

Offline Corky

« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
BB's on State Bridge is having a soft opening next Thursday. Had lunch at McFarland today. They said they are doing quite a bit remodeling and cleaning up.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »
Thanks for the info, guys. Like Corky, the McFarland location will be a LOT closer to me. Still cool to see them expand. This restaurant has a lot of character. I'm glad to see them doing well.

I'll say this though... my wife has always felt like their McFarland location is dirty, which makes her uncomfortable eating there. As a result, I haven't had a sitdown meal (non-takeout) there in many months. Perhaps the State Bridge location will ease her concerns.

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »
And yes, Old Milton changes to State Bridge before Kimball Bridge. The Publix has a State Bridge address, as done Madras Chettinaad.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »
Bride was driving by the old Alpine Bakery and said a "coming soon" sign was up for a deli, butcher, bakery or sumtin'. I was wondering perhaps NY Butcher, though nothing listed as forthcoming on that site.

Anyone with more deets or verifying the name?