Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225337 times)

Offline loveATL

• Email
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2010, 07:40:00 AM »
Not sure if anything is coming, but there's a construction dumpster in front of the old Fuzzy's location.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »
Tilted Kilt in the old Max & Erma's on Mt. Vernon & Abernathy.
Wow. from bad to worse.

And now the new attempt at the Po' Folks -> Folks -> Black Eyed Pea -> Something Else -> Lobster Trap on Holcomb Bridge in Roswell.
The signage is up.  
It's going to be a Tilted Kilt.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:10:23 PM by mikeamor »
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
Eh.  ::)
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
"Coming Soon" banner at the Pencil Factory Lofts on Dekalb Ave announces that the Beignet Connection is bringing Creole food to the hood soon.  Of course there are a number of coming soon banners sported by this development... Hill Street Tavern, Caramba Cafe, Mr Blackwell's Coffee and I don't know when/if any of them are planning to actually open.

Offline Susykm

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
"Coming Soon" banner at the Pencil Factory Lofts on Dekalb Ave announces that the Beignet Connection is bringing Creole food to the hood soon.  Of course there are a number of coming soon banners sported by this development... Hill Street Tavern, Caramba Cafe, Mr Blackwell's Coffee and I don't know when/if any of them are planning to actually open.

Hill Street Tavern is in the works, same owners as Manchester Arms down on Virginia Ave.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »
Decatur Metro scoops the 'coming soon' of Square Pub in the former Pharmhouse space on the Decatur Square.

Further comments on that post say that "The Square Pub" will be an expansion of Mac McGee's.  By the way, one of the Scoutmob coupons for this week was for Mac McGee's, which is completely awesome.

Word now is that it will not be expansion of Mac McGee's, but rather an "American" style bar with a southwestern themed menu. 

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
Thanks bettylouski, just coming to correct the rumor about Mac McGee's.  Though they could sure use more room - it was packed last night.  I will coment further in its thread.

Offline tangomonster

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »
Melomom noted this on the Closed thread.  I was looking at an Indian newspaper while eating at Global Mall today and saw an ad.  Madras Woodlands is opening on August 20th! 2201 Lawrenceville Highway.  Buffet 7 days a week for lunch.  It does seem to be related to the original Woodlands, which was superb---says "Mr. Ram Nanjunda and family coming back to Decatur to provide tasty and quality food after a long gap."  Unlike the original, it will serve meat (which will probably expand the customer base rather than limiting it to vegetarians).

I'm already dreaming of their eggplant dish......

Offline Uncle Zev

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
Gameday sports bar is opening on east piedmont near roswell road in east cobb, across from the ymca

formerly chicagos pizza, formerly beef o bradys

i wish them luck.....

Offline Minerva

« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
I live not far from that location, and I was soooo hoping it was going to be something interesting in there. Just what the world needs, another sports bar.....
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Uncle Zev

« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
I live not far from that location, and I was soooo hoping it was going to be something interesting in there. Just what the world needs, another sports bar.....

yeah i live here as well -- that publix is my go to grocery..........was homething for something different

they got it cheap, not sure what the lease is, but i had a broker call me to see if i was interested @ 20k(everything was still in there)

told her i live next to it, not a chance  ;D

also that stadium sports bar opened just at sprayberry, wasn't impressed

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »

http://www.derbiergarten.com/

"Authentic German Biergarten and Restaurant"
300 Marietta St. (Downtown)

Looking for European servers, too, I heard.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
Latest opening date from the folks at Empire State South - 30AUG.  They must have some confidence in this date as their website says that the are accepting reservation requests for 1SEP.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
Latest opening date from the folks at Empire State South - 30AUG.  They must have some confidence in this date as their website says that the are accepting reservation requests for 1SEP.

Interesting.  From the information on their website, it already LOOKS open.  No specific opening dates or anything of the sort that I saw, but they have detailed menus and events lined up.

http://www.empirestatesouth.com/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:09:02 PM by HaagenDazs »

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
2nd location of Tassa Roti Shop is coming to Convington Highway this september. Saw i sign in front of their 1st location today (they're closed mondays)