Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225259 times)

Offline TrickyD

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 04:10:54 PM »
Wife has claimed to seen a sign on Canton next to 946 South saying "INC - street food coming soon".  Says it (the sign) looks trendy.  Not sure what that means, but I'll try to drive by and see if I can corroborate the sighting.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
It's from the owners of Red Salt/Salt Factory next door. Same chef.
Word is it may open mid-January.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline bogiesmom

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:20 AM »
Havana has reopened at the corner of Clairemont/Buford Hwy...  Another Havana is scheduled to open in front of NE Plaza on Buford Hwy.  Not sure which is which?  Anybody know which is one is associated with the old Havana?

I'm not positive, but I think it's some kind of grudge match between the former owners of the original down by N. Druid Hills.

I have been to the new one at Clairmont and Buford - same great Cuban sandwich but the black bean soup was not so good - hopefully just an off batch.  BTW, the pub next door is owned by a former owner of Fuzzy's and has some of the same items on the menu.  There is also another Fuzzy's open near the Druid Hills/Buford intersection, which they say is owned by a couple of people who worked at the original.

Offline Katj

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »
I went to the new Havana and had the Cuban sandwich and I agree about the black bean soup, there was something wrong with it. I went back and had the arroz con pollo and it was so unbelievably moist and flavorful.

I also tried the Pirate's Pub the salad was okay, but it is a very small place and there is smoking and that really is not a good thing when you are eating.
I have eaten at Zuffy's too and their Joe Dale's salad was a lot better.

Offline omnivorous

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
Reports that a new Thai place is going into the Thai Me Up space by Decatur Square.

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
Reports that a new Thai place is going into the Thai Me Up space by Decatur Square.

And in the same vein, I noticed yesterday that the old Thai/Malaysian place on Lenox Road at the intersection of Cheshire Bridge (around the corner from Bamboo Luau) now has a sign, "Moto Bistro & Bar."  It has been under renovation for months now.

Offline SalMonela

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »

And in the same vein, I noticed yesterday that the old Thai/Malaysian place on Lenox Road at the intersection of Cheshire Bridge (around the corner from Bamboo Luau) now has a sign, "Moto Bistro & Bar."  It has been under renovation for months now.

IIRC, the former Thai/Malaysian spot was called SEA SIAM.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »

Offline Barnum

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »

second hand tidbit:

In the briefly hot New Orleans Connection space in Smyrna, sounds like someone is hard at work building out a bakery that hopes to to have some breakfast options.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 08:01:54 AM »

Stole this update from DecaturMetro.  New spot is called EatAtThai, second branch of a restaurant in Gainesville.
http://eatatthai.com/index.html

Somehow, I expected to be underwhelmed.  Can anyone raise my hopes?
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline omnivorous

• Email
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 09:11:51 AM »
Well, I thought Thai Me Up was a pretty decent place, and handy for being 2 blocks from me.  Maybe?

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
We can hope, as it would be nice to have a good Thai place in the hood.

That being said, I am forever ruined for Thai after my visits here:
http://www.saipinchutima.com/

If you ever make it Vegas, you MUST go there...
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline Barnum

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »

Decatur Metro is quoting Atlanta Intown that Twisted Taco is going into Emory Village this spring.  There's a link to AI, but I can't find anything on their site.  So they'll be putting this in about the same time as somebody is allegedly tearing everything up for the new traffic circle out front of the Emory entrance?

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
I received a copy of Atlanta Intown in my mailbox today - the item says Twisted Taco is taking the old Emory Bookstore site on Oxford road, next to the Falafel King.  The paper says look at the TT website, but there does not appear to be any information there as of yet.