Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 225745 times)

Offline Barnum

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2010, 02:02:19 PM »
According to "Tomorrow's News Today", Sprig is coming to the Vista Grove shopping center this fall.

Details HERE

Offline Barnum

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »

Drove by the old Atlanta Ribs location (in the little strip next to the Publix on the East-West Connector, just west of S. Cobb Drive in Smynings) and noticed a "Twisted Taco Coming Soon" banner.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
oh. joy.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »
oh. joy.

joy or sarcasm?  I'm betting sarcasm!

At least it's more promising than the "Steve B's Pizza Buffet coming soon" sign around the corner...

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
oh. joy.

At least it's more promising than the "Steve B's Pizza Buffet coming soon" sign around the corner...

Is it? Have you eaten at twisted taco? I ate once at the one in kennesaw, it was outlandishly bad.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
oh. joy.

Is it? Have you eaten at twisted taco? I ate once at the one in kennesaw, it was outlandishly bad.

That bad?  I guess I assumed it was better than that...

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
oh. joy.

That bad?  I guess I assumed it was better than that...

I thought so. Of the 3 tacos i chose as part of the lunch combo, all of them were absolutely awful. Maybe i just mis-chose, or they were having a bad day. I know some people at my work like the place...soooooo...i guess to each their own!

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2010, 03:24:03 PM »
I've eaten at the one on Holcomb a couple of times. It wasn't worth a return visit. I don't recall it as terrible, per say. But I wasn't excited to eat my food, which is usually a bad sign. =)
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Not sure if this belongs in 'Closed' as well - who knows.

Drove by Ixtan Lounge today (formerly Piebar than Eros World Tapas) and their were workers changing the sign.  This could be:
A.  A new restaurant
B.  The same owners again re-branding the 'not sure if we want to be a restaurant or a nightclub' location.

Anyone with insight?

Offline Carl Muth

« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
Not sure if this belongs in 'Closed' as well - who knows.

Drove by Ixtan Lounge today (formerly Piebar than Eros World Tapas) and their were workers changing the sign.  This could be:
A.  A new restaurant
B.  The same owners again re-branding the 'not sure if we want to be a restaurant or a nightclub' location.

Anyone with insight?

I stopped in (Sat at 9pm) and it was dark.  Thereare two signs that are coverd up and there weren't any notices about what was going on.  No big shock that they closed.

Offline waynehoobler

« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2010, 09:44:42 PM »

Twisted Taco northlake (my hood) gets some of the worst reviews I've ever seen on yelp.  There's a Stevi B's in the neighborhood and it fills a nice niche, particularly if you have young kids.  It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, and I've found that I feel best if I put my nose in the air and declare 'this smores pizza is disgusting and beneath me!' prior to snarfing down 3 slices...

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
is there any news on the Decatur Diner? it looks pretty close but I'm hearing that it could be as late as Labor Day. I really hope not .....

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
Rumor has it there is a Twisted Taco coming to Smyrna next to Smyrna Bicycles on the East-West Connector (near the Publix shopping center).

Offline Barnum

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
Rumor has it there is a Twisted Taco coming to Smyrna next to Smyrna Bicycles on the East-West Connector (near the Publix shopping center).

yes, saw the banner this weekend and reported earlier in this thread... kicking of this discussion about how horrible Twisted Taco is...

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
Yoforia in Johns Creek Fresh Market plaza

Some mexican place in the old famous Daves by Northpoint Mall