Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 226570 times)

Offline MoButter

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
Just saw a rumor on Facebook that Souper Jenny is opening a new location next to Alon's in Morningside.

I would be very surprised if this were true. But what do I know?

Offline Barnum

« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2010, 08:10:06 AM »

Interesting article about "Scene Cafe" opening across from the civic center, serving Mediterranean and East African.  Sorry, but seems a little too avant-garde trying to open a "see and be seen" restaurant and "lounge" in this neighborhood (and on a slightly related note, what is up with all these "lounges" with 3-month half lives popping up all around town?).

Post from What Now Atlanta here 

Offline Stew

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
Republic Social House now open across Cherokee from Bluebird in Grant Park .. haven't been yet

When I googled around for it I found this scary as hell description though

http://www.urbandaddy.com/atl/nightlife/10205/Republic_Social_House_A_Giant_New_Rooftop_in_Grant_Park_Atlanta_ATL_Graves_Bar

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
Republic Social House now open across Cherokee from Bluebird in Grant Park .. haven't been yet

When I googled around for it I found this scary as hell description though

http://www.urbandaddy.com/atl/nightlife/10205/Republic_Social_House_A_Giant_New_Rooftop_in_Grant_Park_Atlanta_ATL_Graves_Bar

It now makes roof-deck #3 within 2 blocks after 6 feet under and tin lizzies.   You can stand up there and look right or left and see what's happening at the other two.  The deck is gorgeous.   Almost as though you are in South Beach but instead looking out over the cemetery.

I'm not a late-nighter but slightly scary that they are giving away free whiskey at close to 2 am.

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »
Just saw a rumor on Facebook that Souper Jenny is opening a new location next to Alon's in Morningside.

They're going into what I think was called Pomodoro right next door.

Offline Elijah Snow

« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Couldn't believe my eyes, but website confirms that The Flying Biscuit is opening a branch in the former Artuzzi's location on Mansell near Highway 9 (http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/locations.aspx).

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »
Couldn't believe my eyes, but website confirms that The Flying Biscuit is opening a branch in the former Artuzzi's location on Mansell near Highway 9 (http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/locations.aspx).
Yep.  Signs in window say July 12 opening.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »

They're going into what I think was called Pomodoro right next door.

I certainly have no inside knowledge, but the "for lease" sign was still up at the Pomodoro site as I drove by this morning.

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2010, 06:30:37 AM »
I don't have inside knowledge either other than the check-out girl at Alon's!

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
Banner up for Yoforia in Old Alabama Square in John's Creek on Old Alabama Rd (next to Fresh Market & Walgreens)
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Banner up for Yoforia in Old Alabama Square in John's Creek on Old Alabama Rd (next to Fresh Market & Walgreens)

with lots of discussions here and there about the huge number of frozen yogurt stands popping up here and there, I will say that I like the self serve and weigh format at Yoforia (been to the one in Vinings a number of times) much better than my visit to pinkberry last weekend where we paid 10 bucks for 2 smalls (each with 2 toppings because THEY decide what is reasonable in number and amount of toppings).

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
agree with Barnum. The self serve is genius. You take as much as you like, and as many toppings as you like. It's cheaper for wife and I and we can choose how many mochi balls to add instead of the arbitrary number by the server.
That said, i think they make more money on it too since people don't realize how expensive it is to pile on the toppings or fill the GIGANTIC cups with yogurt. I've seen many many people with massive servings which must be $10 at least.

Offline rebelliousrose

« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
Also I just plain liked the flavor of the Yoforia yogurt better. And one of the toppings at Pinkberry was like some sort of cinnamon crunch cereal and it was honestly horrid- tasted chemical and disgusting. I had taken my companion to Yoforia in Vinings and he adored it- had the best time playing with all the flavors and the gadgets, and Pinkberry was just lacking for both of us.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »
speaking of pinkberry, as we stood in line last weekend for the half price yogurt between 5-7, we both tried a sample of their summer special flavor of watermelon frozen yogurt with diced watermelon and cucumber and some watermelon/cucumber juice and both almost spit it out... a really odd sweet, salty, and mushy combination that didn't work for us.  About that time we realized the small print on their banner that it was only this flavor that was half price. 

Offline rebelliousrose

« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
Empire State South has a hiring notice up on craigslist. Must be coming along....