Author Topic: Alex Chilton  (Read 2356 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
Alex Chilton
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »
Hopefully not just an R.I.P. thread in case folks want to share other things.

I was going to post about this yesterday but I wasn't sure where to put it. Since no one has started anything else, I thought I would.

I remember seeing him at The Point around 1990-92? I could be wrong but I think he did a version of September Girls. I do remember a good show.

Sad.

Offline MoT

Re: Alex Chilton
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
My husband remembers him from growing up, and when in the band before the Boxtops...forgot the name...although Alex Chilton was 2-3 years older. FB has a RIP page for him...that you can see some old clips and pics/memories.

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »
yes,,,,September Girls and so many others.

He was supposed to play in Austin today.  I'm guessing there will be a lot of tributes tonight.

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »
I think the best tribute would be to play Alex Chilton by the Replacements.  Great song.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
I actually didn't realize he was a real person until I heard that he died this week. I thought he was a construct made up by the Replacements so they could sing a song about him.
Food is my favorite.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
I actually didn't realize he was a real person until I heard that he died this week. I thought he was a construct made up by the Replacements so they could sing a song about him.

Ha!  "The Letter" was a big hit when I started high school. . .

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »

Ha!  "The Letter" was a big hit when I started high school. . .

Wow. I don't think I want to say what year that was, but it's the year before I was born. Since I know so many young people that I'm constantly reminded of how old I am, it's kind of refreshing to hear that I don't know something because I'm younger than those who do. Thanks.

Actually, it's kind of embarrassing that I didn't know this, because I worked in the record industry and in radio for several years, and I even was a DJ at a Classic Rock station, and I was in the industry when "the 'mats" were all the rage, so I seem pretty clueless, retrospectively.
Food is my favorite.