Author Topic: NYC VACATION  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Roxro

• Email
Re: NYC VACATION
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
Have to put my 2 cents in-

Katz's is the best "real" deli with perfect pastrami.  Carnegie is an overpriced tourist trap.

Grand Central is great- have a bar burger at Michael Jordan's or a bellini at Cipriani (both upstairs) and watch the world go by.  Downstairs food court is okay (Magnolia Cupcake just opened and Cia Bella has great sorbet and gelato. 

Sarabeth's at Central Park South is a nice brunch, lunch location.

If weather is nice- Shake Shack in Madison Square Park is the best burger and great shakes.  Stand in line and take in the crowd.

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
My absolute favorite bar is also in Grand Central--the Campbell Apartment.  A little hard to find, as it's not near the rest of the food court and the entrance forces you to go outside to re-enter, but it's worth it.  Ask around if you can't find it.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
Mine is the Blue Bar in the Algonquin.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
Just don't try going into Campbell Apartment Bar wearing jeans or shorts.

If you have a nice, clear day, take a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and have pizza on the Brooklyn side at Girmaldis (not sure of the spelling).  Also nice to walk into Manhattan at sunset.

If you walk a few blocks from Grand Central, behind the NY Public Library (think Ghostbusters) is Bryant Park.  Nice place to have a drink, or something to eat from one of the venders.  Le Pain Quotidien (yes, it is a chain) has a spot there, too.  From there it is a nice stroll to Time's Square or up Fifth Avenue.