Author Topic: Decatur Pubs  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
Re: Decatur Pubs
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
Very nice space and Ryan is a great chef.....Seems like a saturated quadrant but I hope they do well.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »
Defintely agree with the "saturated" comment. We must be the drunkenest, most beer loving place on Earth! 8)
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline Melomom

• About Face
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 08:46:11 AM »
I've just signed up for Scoutmob and so far I have been really impressed with the coupons that have come through.  Beer Beginner and I decided to use the one for Steinbeck's in Oakhurst, it's one of my favorite Decatur pubs but for some reason we hadn't been there in a while.  I decided to indulge in the burger with pimiento cheese and bacon, which was one of the best-tasting things I have had in quite a while.  I thought about having them leave the cheese off since I thought it would be too rich - and it was - but oh boy.  BB had the shrimp and grits, which were completely awesome.  I am very partial to my own recipe but this is a great version.  They came in what tasted like a creole-type sauce with bits of what I thought was andouille, grits were really creamy and the shrimp were cooked perfectly.  I had the Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, which cut through the richness of the food very nicely, BB had Aventinus in the bottle.

Now here's the thing - the coupon was 50% off to a max of $20 - so our bill was something ike $12 each before tip.  Scoutmob rules!  And thanks to Steinbeck's for participating, I know I will be back.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
Ha.  I used my scoutmob Steinbeck's coupon for the burger, and I agree that was by far one of the tastiest things I've eaten in awhile.  I'll ask for more pickled jalepenos next time...those few bites that had them were unbelievable.  I went over there today but it was crazy with world cup action so we didn't go in.