Author Topic: Tasty China  (Read 49080 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Re: Tasty China
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2010, 07:49:15 AM »
We really enjoyed yesterdays gathering. What a great bunch of folks and the food was just wonderful. I think this was the best one yet and we have been to 4 of these events. It is hard to pick a favorite course but the hot, numbing beef, pork belly and lamb were all outstanding but then the cod, shrimp soup and dessert were great also. Thanks Foodgeek for putting this event together, you did a great job and thanks for the cheese.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2010, 09:07:06 AM »
We really enjoyed yesterdays gathering. What a great bunch of folks and the food was just wonderful. I think this was the best one yet and we have been to 4 of these events. It is hard to pick a favorite course but the hot, numbing beef, pork belly and lamb were all outstanding but then the cod, shrimp soup and dessert were great also. Thanks Foodgeek for putting this event together, you did a great job and thanks for the cheese. 

I liked the pork belly and the lamb too..  My favorite though was the Crisp roasted Cod fish ...   Heck, I liked all of 'em...   8)

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline jonnymack

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
I'm getting slammed at work but hopefully I'll get some pics up today (warning, they are crummy iPhone 3GS pics).  I really enjoyed the event, it was nice to meet people and even nicer to eat great food.  That lamb was out of this world, same for the smoked chicken rolls.  Hell really everything was really great, the only thing that didn't stand up to the outstanding flavors IMO was the shrimp soup.  Everything else was really special.  Thanks again to Foodgeek for putting all of this together and to echo AndyBoy, thanks for the cheese!

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
Here is an interesting article from the NYT on Chinese food and German wines.  Yesterday there were a couple bottles of German wine at our table, one Riesling and one Gewurztraminer, if I recall correctly.  The article specifically mentions Szechuan cuisine.  The article was published last Thursday but I just saw it this morning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/10/world/europe/10berlin.html?ref=dining

Offline ugacook

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Yesterday was so much fun.  As a newbie, I was a little hesitant to go alone, but everyone was so welcoming and the food was out of this world.  I think my favorites were the crispy codfish, pork belly, dumplings, baby bok choy & mushrooms.  The tofu skin rolls were good, too (judging by the looks, I wasn't sure).  Really everything was good, but there were moments I was so full, I wasn't sure I could eat another bite.  Fortunately, the feeling didn't last and I was able to continue enjoying the wonderful food.  The German wines we had did go very well with the spicy food.  It was great meeting everyone at my table and I hope to meet more of you at future events.  I look forward to seeing more pictures.  Oh...and thanks for the cheese!

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
Yep, fun time and great food. Next time I'll try to remember to bring name tags for those who want them. We have a couple of pictures but I think that our table incorrectly assumed that the other tables were taking pictures like crazy; kind of a Kitty Genovese-like matter of diffusion of social responsibiliy, though that may be a weird comparison.

Thanks FG!

Offline jonnymack

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
Forgive my feeble iPhone photography:

Veggie bird

From front to back, hot and numbing chicken, garlic pumpkin (or was it?) and roasted duck - all were excellent

Roasted codfish in edible shell or as I like to call it - Kick Ass

Dry fried pork belly - nuff said

Cumin Lamb aka Gift of the Gods  I was so giddy to eat this I couldn't concentrate on photography as you can plainly see.

Smoked chicken rolls - these were sneaky great.

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010, 05:51:05 PM »
We went to Tasty China for lunch today with 2 of our friends, one of which was going to attend the "event" and had to cancel, she was anxious to try it. Man was it good, that place just gets better and better. We had the hot and numbing beef, fish in chili oil, dry fried eggplant and a tofu with vegetables dish. Every dish had lots of ma la and was just delicious. One of our friends ordered dry fry eggplant to go so we will have to see if that will work out for her when it is reheated, I think it may get soggy. We all left with smiling faces and full tummies.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
I met Jason M. and Andyboy at TC today for lunch..   This is such a damn good place to vie off from the regular Chinese menu's usually put in front of us..

We had three dishes, all of them delicious, ate most of them and pretty-much-called this lunch a winner. We wanted a 4th dish, but it was unavailable---- thank goodness, these three dishes were just enough....

Dan Dan Noodle (Pork or Beef)
Dry-Fried Eggplant with Hot and Numbing Pepper
Cumin Beef

Too dern good.  I know we always prop up this place, but it is unusually excellent.    I wish it wasn't 40 miles from the house.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:59:56 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
I met Jason M. and Andyboy at TC today for lunch..   This is such a damn good place to vie off from the regular Chinese menu's usually put in front of us..

We had three dishes, all of them delicious, ate most of them and pretty-much-called this lunch a winner. We wanted a 4th dish, but it was unavailable---- thank goodness, these three dishes were just enough....

Cumin Beef

Too dern good.  I know we always prop up this place, but it is unusually excellent.    I wish it wasn't 40 miles from the house.

It was wonderful. Jason did a great job ordering and there was a fourth item, tripe and tendon in chili oil. Hope you were not trying to keep that a secret.
 ;D

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »

Cumin Beef

It was wonderful. Jason did a great job ordering and there was a fourth item, tripe and tendon in chili oil. Hope you were not trying to keep that a secret.
 ;D 

I love "Husband and wife",  my mind was full of ma la, and then pumpkin pies.. Okay, I just forgot it, though I love it.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »
good it was!

Offline foodgrrl

Tasty China Sandy Springs Grand Opening
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
This was posted today on Tasty China's page on Yelp

Dear Tasty China guests,

We will open our second location which is on 6450 Powers Ferry Rd,Sandy Springs.
The grand opening party will be on Dec 18th 6:00pm. We invite you to come and
celebrate this special day with us.
Our Chef Peter Chang will cook his specials for you. There will be a lot  of
surprise waiting for you. Let's enjoy the holiday season together.

$25 per person at the door (tax and gratuity not included)
$20 per person, $35 per couple (register before Dec 15th)
Call 770-419-9849 to pay by phone, or go to Tasty China in Marietta to pay in person.

With best wishes
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/-cuKXq4xwkXF85xMI2yTFg?select=UXJO0jvBy2jqYefW8v4rKQ

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
Re: Tasty China Sandy Springs Grand Opening
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »
This was posted today on Tasty China's page on Yelp

Dear Tasty China guests,

We will open our second location which is on 6450 Powers Ferry Rd,Sandy Springs.
The grand opening party will be on Dec 18th 6:00pm. We invite you to come and
celebrate this special day with us.
Our Chef Peter Chang will cook his specials for you. There will be a lot  of
surprise waiting for you. Let's enjoy the holiday season together.

$25 per person at the door (tax and gratuity not included)
$20 per person, $35 per couple (register before Dec 15th)
Call 770-419-9849 to pay by phone, or go to Tasty China in Marietta to pay in person.

With best wishes
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/-cuKXq4xwkXF85xMI2yTFg?select=UXJO0jvBy2jqYefW8v4rKQ

What a better way to have a 285 Foodies gathering....

Just sayin......
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam