Author Topic: Tasty China  (Read 45446 times)

Offline dewdropper

• Email
Re: Tasty China
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
It's me, Susan, from AUA.  :)  I agree re Tasty China.  Have you tried Peter Chang's place on Powers Ferry Road in Sandy Springs?  It's good but does have service issues which have had me doing things like finding a ice water pitcher and refilling glasses.  The Peter Chang rolls are excellent, and the Bamboo Fish is to die for. 

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
Hey Susan - great to see you here! Welcome.

I have not personally tried Peter Chang's but there is a Peter Chang's thread with folks just recently complaing about service issues...try searching for "Peter Chang's" to see it or to chime in there.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Had tasty C for lunch today for the first time in a number of months.
The menu is in fact different and i think reduced. Some items are missing.
We got the usual favorites: dan dan w/ pork, husband and wife, hot numbing eggplant, cumin beef, twice cooked pork.

All were as good or better than the past. Cleanliness the same as it's always been. Didn't recognize any servers or managers from previous visits.
We left happy

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
Took visiting friends from Philly here a few weeks back and ordered all of the usual.  They were blown away, and they had just returned from Tokyo where they said they had some awesome Chinese as well as Japanese food.  Always nice to BYO in the middle of the afternoon. . .

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »
Was at a conference nearby and decided to pick up some steamed dumplings to-go for lunch instead of paying $18 for the buffet at the Marriott (!).

I do not recommend doing that. The woman at the front desk was not very friendly and she briskly informed me that they would take 30 minutes because they were the thing on the menu that takes longest. That seemed weird to me since they usually come out first, but whatever. I dutifully waited the 25 minutes until they brought out my order. By then I was a little afraid of not making it back to the conference on time so I drove back and ate them in my car. Sadly, they were pretty bad. Not much filling and what there was was bland and tough. Dipping sauce was very watered down and the wrapping skins were very thick and doughy. I was sad.