Author Topic: Fresh Air Bar-B-Que in Bogart, GA  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Fresh Air Bar-B-Que in Bogart, GA
« on: November 30, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »

Drive past it. 

Some days it might be good but not yesterday at lunch with Sysco boxes sitting around everywhere and very finely chopped pork BBQ in a steam table.  The greens were okay, the shrimp were tasteless and a waste of time. no ribs, no brisket.  Very ordinary, bland mac N cheese, Big 'ole farmers and a few folks dressed in suits were there when I stopped.  I think it probably used to be good (the award on the wall was from 1988), but it is just a quick lunch now today.  Carolina style hot and mild BBQ sauce with a lot of up-front vinegar flavor.

http://www.freshairbbq.com/index.htm

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Re: Fresh Air Bar-B-Que in Bogart, GA
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
I ate there maybe 25 years ago and they had been in business for 60 years at that time. The AJC did a review of area BBQ joints so we made a trip over there. At that time it was pretty good if I remember correctly, or maybe I just forgot how bad it was.

;D

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
I ate there maybe 25 years ago and they had been in business for 60 years at that time. The AJC did a review of area BBQ joints so we made a trip over there. At that time it was pretty good if I remember correctly, or maybe I just forgot how bad it was.

;D

I can understand why it was NOTABLE BBQ back in the day but the bar has been raised.  Now if they,  like some others, want to be dependable, semi-affordable, places where you could get BBQ look-alikes they are and will stay in  Today the special was Shrimp--- Can you imagine, a BBQ with that kind of reputation with Shrimp as the special on today's menu, and to boot it was that inferior breaded shrimp from Sysco being hamered out behind the veil of a BBQ restaurant turning into a Wendy's.  What was obvious with this singe visit is that the BBQ is not the draw, it is rather a low-cost dependable place to go have lunch in that wasteland that is around the bi-pass that goes around Athens. 

I used to think that Snellville was the wateland,  but now I have been re-directed.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Milt

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
A couple of years ago - we drove by when I wasn't very hungry - and I saw the Fresh Air sign.  I wanted to try it because we had only been to the original Jackson location.  I had a chopped pork sandwich and it was good - not great, but good.