Author Topic: Zagat?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
Zagat?
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
Laying in bed watching the tube (still have the 35" tube TV upstairs), and I saw that KFC shot past a Zagat label - #1 in fried chicken. Oy.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
Re: Zagat?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:55 AM »
Does anyone use Zagat anymore?  I would be stating the obvious based on KoPP's comment, but I think it's lost its luster.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull out their Zagat Atlanta book and pick a place for dinner.  I think even a site like TripAdvisor has more useful information.  Yelp and Urbanspoon too.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:12:03 AM »
Does anyone use Zagat anymore?  I would be stating the obvious based on KoPP's comment, but I think it's lost its luster.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull out their Zagat Atlanta book and pick a place for dinner.  I think even a site like TripAdvisor has more useful information.  Yelp and Urbanspoon too.

Just before I moved to Atlanta in 1999, I bought a Zagat Atlanta.  I think I used it a couple of times that year, then wised up.  Actually, I ran out of Zagat-listed restaurants that sounded like places I wanted to go and at about the same time discovered the wonders of Buford Highway.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:13:33 AM »
I think, in the name of accuracy, they were rated No. 1 fast food chain for fried chicken. This is why we shouldn't allow New Yorkers to vote.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »
The label in the ad flashed by pretty quickly, but if I remember rightly, all they said was No. 1 in fried chicken. I'll have to TiVo it to se if the Fast Food monicker was added someplace.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »

Here are the top 10 restaurants listed by Zagat...    Decatur is now and is becoming more of a food destination..

http://www.zagat.com/b/atlanta/atlantas-10-must-visit-restaurants-right-now

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
Yeah, Decatur is definitely where I think of when I think of great Atlanta restaurants. But I see Roswell got a nod there with Table & Main.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14