Author Topic: Nuwave Induction cooktop  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Nuwave Induction cooktop
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »

I ordered mine a week or two ago and am delighted with it..   I didn't get all of the pots and pans and such, but I did opt for 2 of the burners for about $100 plus shipping.  I am still putting one of them through their paces but I really like it so far.

My cast iron pans work great on it, but not my copper-core All Clad, nor Deanne's grandmother's SS stock pot.  Some of the old, old (bought in the late 60's SS waterless cookware that I have (still in great condition) work very well on it.

I am thinking of using it for Sous-Vide, it is pretty remarkable....

http://voices.yahoo.com/product-review-nuwave-precision-induction-cooktop-11440432.html

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Nuwave Induction cooktop
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »

I have some issues with mine, though it works well enough, several of my ancient cast iron pans have rings on the bottom (so they wouldn't warp with high heat), they do not sit flat on the induction burner so they don't heat evenly, they work way better on a gas stove.  I thought the burner had two concentric rings of magnets but it only has one and a rather small one at that, so depending on the pan and the food cooking you must take care or the food directly over the induction rings will overbrown or burn.  I still use it almost every day, and like most of the things about it.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:59:02 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.