Author Topic: babbling  (Read 106025 times)

Offline MadBob

Re: babbling
« Reply #585 on: March 09, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »
The average human walks 900 miles per year and drinks 22 gallons of beer which means the average human gets 41 miles per gallon.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
Wi-Fi trouble?

I was fixin a Linksys wireless router today, and saw the list of local Wi-Fi connections available in the neighborhood. I laughed out loud when I saw someone named their wireless router connection "FBI Surveillance Van". So hell, I thought I'd have some fun and name mine "FBI Surveillance Van Control Center". Yuk Yuk . . . . . I think I'll switch back and forth from that, to "Global Internet Police".
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline MadBob

« Reply #587 on: October 05, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »
Did not know where to put this, so I will put it here:

As usual, the Square Pub Staff were "on the ball" with most excellent service during this most enjoyable event. Sculpin Habanero, Jekyl Pinapple Habanero and WB Mexican Siberious was most enjoyable... And the Pumpkin Green Chile cookies from the the University of New Mexico were awesome! Thanks for sharing...
Additionally, I could not wait to roast some of my own green chilis that I purchased, so I roasted a few up and and Daughter Brianne installed them in some twice baked potato's which went well with the Jerk Chicken I grilled up when I got home, which also went well with my Boulevard Grainstorm Black Rye.

And this morning, Garlic Texas Toast with Pine Street Market Black Label Bacon (Thank You for the return call PSM), Eggs over easy, Pine Street Market Pimento Cheese and a tall glass of Kahlua and Milk!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: February 03, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #589 on: March 22, 2015, 07:19:09 AM »
Gunfight Rules

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

In a gunfight, the most important rule is ..... HAVE A GUN!!!

These are shooting tips from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules... If not, you should get one, learn how to use it and learn the rules.

RULES
A : Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B : Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C : Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D : Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm's length.

E : Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off or the hammer cocking.

F : The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G : The most important rule in a gunfight is:  Always Win - there is no such thing as a fair fight.  Always Win - cheat if necessary.  Always Win - 2nd place doesn't count

H : Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ....  You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it because it will be empty .

I :  If you're in a gun fight:  (a) If you're not shooting, you should be loading.  (b) If you're not loading, you should be moving.  (c) If you're not moving, you're dead.

J : In a life and death situation, do something .... it may be wrong, but do something !

K : If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. Nonsense!  If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L : You can say "stop" or any other word, but a large bore muzzle  pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language; and, you won't have to press 1 for Spanish/Mexican or 2 for Chinese or 3 for Arabic.

M : Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill.  In court, yours will be the only testimony.

N : You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, forward to others you know who also believe.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because good men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.                   

Offline MadBob

« Reply #590 on: April 04, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »
Taking your motorcycle back to the dealership for a lousy zip-tie (as in recall) would be like hiring a gigolo for your girlfriend: unthinkable
There is a name for motorcycle riders who can't operate a zip-tie: car drivers.
Every Zip Tie we refuse to tie ourselves only moves us closer to becoming enchanted, superstitious cavemen.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »

An amazing thing happened yesterday.. 

We took our nieces to go see Cirque du Soleil at the Gwinnett arena, we were there early (around noon) and had bought pretty good seats, we bought some munchies and water and proceeded to our stage-left seats. 

We watched and enjoyed a scaled-down IMO but pretty interesting performance.

And then we started to file out.   There was a second performance after ours.  We climbed up that steep stairway and nearly got to the door before I realized my wallet was not in my pocket.  I quickly walked back to the head of the entrance where are seats were and was met by security that really didn't want me to go back in because they had 100 + people cleaning and vacuuming the seats & stairs anticipating the next performance. I looked where I thought I had been sitting and several of the cleaning staff (with flashlights) looked around and under and folded seats down to no avail.  I was sure I had lost it..   

But I decided to text Deanne (still with the kids buying t-shirts) and make sure I knew where we were sitting, her reply was that we were 3 rows down from where I thought we had been.  We walked down the few steps to the head of the isle and THERE WAS MY BLINKIN wallet wedged in the side of the seat.  I almost cried with joy.  I had thought the worst, that a cleaning person had found my fat wallet and it was gone forever with the enormous detail of re-issuing all of those cards and "stuff" that I keep in my wallet in my future.   

So it all worked out, I said a silent "thank you Lord" prayer and walked to the door to tell Deanne the good news. 

Karma works.   

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »

I wrecked my Tahoe yesterday, a bit more than a fender bender but neither I nor the FedX driver were hurt, the FedX truck was almost not damaged but my venerable, well loved 1997 Tahoe was totaled as the repair bill exceeded 70% of the blue book value.

It has been GOOD to be without a car payment for 14 years, I bought her slightly used, paid her off in a year, and have only had minor maintenance on that sturdy truck over the years.  Did replace the air-conditioning condenser, and did a few semi-costly repairs to her as she aged gracefully but now she is not with me and I am about to go hunt for another car/truck. 

I won't show her crumpled fender and hood, as I want to remember her proudly pulling my boat and off roading in deep mud down near Macon rather than bent and bad looking at the side of the road or on a tow-truck bed hauling her away. 

She was a great vehicle.. 

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2015, 12:46:25 AM »
Moving on from a well-loved, long-serving car can be a strangely sad thing. RIP Mike's Tahoe.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #594 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:28 AM »

I wrecked my Tahoe yesterday, a bit more than a fender bender but neither I nor the FedX driver were hurt, the FedX truck was almost not damaged but my venerable, well loved 1997 Tahoe was totaled as the repair bill exceeded 70% of the blue book value.

It has been GOOD to be without a car payment for 14 years, I bought her slightly used, paid her off in a year, and have only had minor maintenance on that sturdy truck over the years.  Did replace the air-conditioning condenser, and did a few semi-costly repairs to her as she aged gracefully but now she is not with me and I am about to go hunt for another car/truck. 

I won't show her crumpled fender and hood, as I want to remember her proudly pulling my boat and off roading in deep mud down near Macon rather than bent and bad looking at the side of the road or on a tow-truck bed hauling her away. 

She was a great vehicle.. 

Welp, sad day it is...... But look on the bright side, now you can get that new Denali you have had your eyes on! Just kidding, and happy you were not injured (except for the dent in your pride)....

Offline MadBob

« Reply #595 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
I was Deplorable before it was cool.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #596 on: November 06, 2016, 05:43:01 PM »
I was Deplorable before it was cool. 

Us too..    missed you at the last Lincoln bash.  It was a memorable one. .

Offline MadBob

« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2016, 07:28:31 AM »
WASHINGTON — A new plan for the US military set for 2017 shows that Defense Secretary-nominee James Mattis intends to work with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Joe Dunford to implement a major reorganization of the Department of Defense, Duffel Blog has learned. (http://www.duffelblog.com/)
The most dramatic change, according to documents obtained by Duffel Blog, will be to rename the Department of Defense to the ‘Department of Marines,’ though that’s the least of the changes that were presented.
“The Army will be subsumed into the Marine Corps as the Land Marines,” the document reads. “Not everyone needs to specialize in amphibious assault. But by God, every one of them will be a rifleman. Also, incorporating former Army infantry units intact will allow us to meet congressional mandates for female combat troops.”
The Navy will be reorganized as “Water Marines/Maritime Uber.” A footnote suggests the naval service’s budget will be based on a “metered rate” that will be a function of “how many rides” Maritime Uber “gives the Marines to combat zones and liberty ports.”
The documents go on to say that while most of the Air Force will become the Air Marines, a portion “will continue as a separate department,” but will be renamed Missile Command, “because missiles are not manly enough for the Marine Corps.”
“It’s like they are compensating for something,” an anonymous source said, holding his forefinger and thumb a very short distance apart.
Beyond the service name changes, all former soldiers, sailors, and airmen will be required to go through “additional training in line with standards at Marine Corps boot camp.” The training would include close order drill, longer ranges for rifle qualification, and “four to six weeks of scrubbing toilets and showers like recruits do at Parris Island and San Diego.” Commissioned officers will be required to attend The Basic School, and warrant officers will have to undergo extensive written tests to determine whether they actually contribute to the military or they are totally worthless.
“These actions will guarantee that no one will ever hear that stupid ‘hooah’ crap again,” one document says, noting, “‘Hooah is to ‘oorah’ as ‘brigade combat team’ is to ‘air-ground task force.’”
The plan concludes on a positive note for at least one service.
“The Coast Guard will be elevated” to a level equivalent to the former Joint Chiefs of Staff, and removed from Homeland Security, “because, like the Marines were before this reorganization, they are small but badass.”